How can Antigone be presented as a contemporary drama? Here’s one answer from the British National Theatre. This video clip offers a brief introduction to Aristotle’s theory of tragedy from Edith Hall, before introducing the play Antigone by Sophocles. Polly Findlay speaks about her interpretation of Don Taylor’s translation of Antigone for the National Theatre’s Olivier theatre in 2012. This short film includes interviews with Christopher Eccleston, Jodie Whittaker and Michael Grady-Hall as well as excerpts of archive footage from the 2012 production.
Resources by Category
- Curriculum User Content Index
- English 1: Introduction to Literature
- English 2: Literature and Composition
- English 3: American Literature
- English 4: British Literature
- English 5: World Literature
- Resources by Type
- Recommended Book Editions
- Link Updates and News
Come see Janice Campbell at GHC in 2019!
Excellence in Literature Awards