You may view a few 17th century Dutch paintings below. Note how they use light, shadow, and texture. Can you see why these artists are called “masters”?
Resources by Category
- Curriculum User Content Index
- English 1: Introduction to Literature
- English 2: Literature and Composition
- English 3: American Literature
- English 4: British Literature
- English 5: World Literature
- Resources by Type
- Recommended Book Editions
- Link Updates and News
- 3 Tools You Need to Construct a Reasonable Argument
- How to Make a Daguerreotype
- Washington Irving Biography
- Robert Louis Stevenson Poetry
- William Wordsworth Biography
- As Kingfishers Catch Fire
- The Vulture by Hillaire Belloc
- Why Read The Odyssey?
- Sarah Orne Jewett Biography
- The Man with the Muck Rake
Come see Janice Campbell at GHC in 2019!
Excellence in Literature Awards