When teaching the art of recitation or rhetoric, we sometimes forget to teach one element essential for confident presentation: a pleasant, well-modulated speaking voice. A timid, squeaky, mumbling, or breathy voice is not only be tiring to use, but can be a social and business liability. Here are a few ideas for cultivating a pleasant, well-modulated speaking voice.
Download the 2020 newsletter!
Here’s our annual conference newsletter handout with booklists and articles. We’d rather be sharing it in person, but for now, you can download the 2020 Everyday Educator here.
Resources by Category
- Study Guide Link Index
- English 1: Introduction to Literature
- English 2: Literature and Composition
- English 3: American Literature
- English 4: British Literature
- English 5: World Literature
- Resources by Type
- Recommended Focus Text Editions